How To Apply
Housing Applications will be accepted in person on Wednesdays only from 8 a.m – 2 p.m. by appointment only until further notice. Please call to make an appointment for Wednesday application submission.
(Current closure: 1 & 4 Bedroom Unit- until further notice- no applications accepted.)
- Applicant must qualify by family size for an open wait list
- Must have all required documents
- Must have income
- Rental history
- Criminal background will be checked
Bryan Housing Authority is a Smoke Free Facility. It is not the HUD Section 8 Voucher Program. All applications must be turned in at the Bryan Housing Authority main office located at 1306 Beck Street, Bryan TX 77803 in person. Applications are accepted from the hours of 8AM – 2:00PM , Wednesdays, only. No faxed or mail in application accepted.
All applicants must provide copies of the following when turning in application:
- Copies of every household member’s Birth Certificate (no hospital certificate will be accepted)
- Social Security Cards for every household member
- Verifiable source of income (Copies of income.)
- Household member 18 years of age and over must provide a picture ID.
- Social Security, SSI, Pensions, Child Support, etc. (Current print out.)
do not have these required items, your application will not be
accepted. Once your application has been received with all
required documentation necessary to process, the application
will be placed on the waitlist according to bedroom size, time
and date of your applying.
BHA staff will begin verifying the information provided. If your application qualifies for our low-income housing program, you will be notified via mail, and you will be contacted via phone when an apartment home is available. BHA does not have a site-based waitlist.
It is the applicant’s responsibility to update any changes in income, household members and contact information, in person. Applications on file longer than six months or with outdated contact information will be dropped from the waitlist.
Applicants that do not qualify for our low-income housing program will be notified by mail. Any application that is dropped from BHA waitlist must wait six (6) months before reapplying.